Monday, August 23, 2010

A Brief Letter To My Girls

Dear Daughters,



I'm currently reading "Things I Want My Daughters To Know" by Elizabeth Noble and it put me in mind of the reason why I started this blog. I had actually been wanting to do this for almost 2 yrs now...I know, I'm a procrastinator. Anyhow, I don't want to wait to tell you (my girls) things about myself until I am on my death bed or dead and gone and possibly not have the opportunity to answer any questions you might have. I know that I could kick myself for not ever asking the "old ladies" (my great-aunts and grandmother for those who don't know the affectionate moniker) about their lives. I wish I had. I miss them so much and wish I had stories of their youth that I could pass on to you girls. So, I promise not to leave you behind without leaving a little piece of me to pass on to my grandkids (I'm just saying...for the future you know...no hurry). :D



Love, Momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment